The 13 Signs of Catfishing
- Initial contact is out of the blue and becomes romantic quickly
- Catfishes have no Facebook, or very few Facebook friends
- Catfishes always have a sob story - catfishes like to pull on the hearstrings
- Catfishes have few or no photos, and with no friends tagged
- Catfishes won't speak on the phone or webcam chat
- If what they say doesn't make sense, it's usually a lie
- Catfishes often claim that they are working abroad or overseas to avoid giving you an address or concrete contact information
- Catfishes present themselves as very good looking / attractive so that you will find them appealing
- Catfishes often seem too good to be true - real people aren't perfect
- Catfishes may say they're from your home town - but they might type with poor grammar and broken English
- Catfishes may ask for money
- Catfishes always have an excuse not to meet
- Catfishes may claim to be seriously or terminally ill - a catfish may even 'kill' the character that they have created!
Catfish Tracing Service
Think you're being catfished?
LocalPI offer a Catfish Tracing service nationwide. For more information, please enter your nearest town or city in the box below.